How to Get Walmart Pharmacy Assistant Training
Walmart pharmacy assistant interview questions: Walmart Pharmacy Assistants are also known as Pharmacy Technicians. They perform functions like preparation and filling of prescriptions and customer service and administrative functions. Pharmacy Technicians enjoy 10 percent store-wide discounts, flexible scheduling, and multiple training opportunities. It has a separate center for Pharmacy Assistant Training which has following qualities and advantages.
The training consists following features:
- Computer-based learning,
- Section followed by exams and live practice
- Observation and live practice by experienced pharmacy technicians
- Free continuing education through the company’s intranet site, StoreNet
- It is worth true that the employees who have got trained under pharmacy technicians may earn more than non-certified employees. Certification also provides an advantage through the creation of a knowledge base relevant to the position.
- The company has developed a proprietary software system named Connexus. It is internal pharmacy management system that allows Walmart pharmacy staff to provide better service to its customers. Connexus improves efficiency and accuracy in the pharmacy and creates a paperless work environment. The system uses Touchscreen and radio frequency technology which maximize the time Walmart staff that spends with pharmacy patients.
Following are the benefits we can get from Pharmacy Training:
- To pursue multiple career paths within the organization and scholarships at accredited pharmacy schools
- To receive medical and dental benefits
- Scholarships at organizations such as the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS), the Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA) and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
- According to one report of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, pharmacy technicians can expect to earn between $10.95 and $18.98 per hour. Besides that, Wal-mart matches 15 percent up to $1,800 in stock purchases through the company’s Associate Stock Purchase Plan.
- Walmart pharmacy assistant salary Canada/interview questions
- pharmacy assistant jobs in Walmart Toronto