How to get Donation from Walmart?
Walmart is not simply a retail chain store, but also runs a foundation for giving donations to schools and other charities in its neighborhoods. These donations can be either in the form of money or essential items. The foundation awards such donations or grants to various charities with a specified purpose.
The Wal-Mart Foundation offers grants for smaller, local nonprofits as well as organizations that serve at the state, regional or even national levels. Walmart grants donations only to four organizations namely education, workforce development, health, and wellness or environmental sustainability.
If your organization falls under these categories, you may apply for one of the categories. Following is a process to apply for a donation at Walmart.
Steps to Get Donations from Walmart
- Go to your nearest local Walmart store. At the customer service desk, ask for a donation application form. Fill the form correctly without leaving any blank.
- Walmart grants donations mainly to four organizations namely education, workforce development, health, and wellness or environmental sustainability. You can also ask to the representative for what purpose the store helps and donate.
- Don’t give only filled an application form. Write a brief cover letter mentioning for what you are looking for the donation. Mention your purpose clearly.
- Both application form and cover letter should be written neatly. Send form along with cover letter to the address mentioned on application form.
- Walmart will reply by sending letter whether they have accepted your application or not. Wait until confirmation letter reached.
- Thank – you note is a great manner to be thankful towards Walmart. So that, send a well thank – note for granting donation. This will create a good impression of you and it will become a great way to get the donation in future.
- You can use Received donation in your trust/ organization as per necessity.
- Online Appeal for Donations
- Request donation from Walmart
- Donation request letter/ form